torsdag 15 december 2011

Another day of adventures

I'll try to write in english now so you all will understand me. Sorry if I'm not so perfect. It`s a bit confusing when my brain is programed in spanish.

Hres comes a strory about my last two days in Quito. I just came back from a daytrip to Papallacha that is a resort with hot springs. It's really nice situated, in the middle of the mountains on the way to the rainforest from Quito. I and Linnèa had a really relaxing day with green suroudings. We went from one swimingpool to another with diffrent temprature of warm whater. The bustrip there was much slower then I thought and I got a bit stressed by the slow ecuadorian way of driving where the bus stops tu pic up a new passanger in every corner. But in the end we arrived and had a wounderful day until it was time to go back.

Our plan was to take the bus again but we met a nice man that was on his way to Quito so we got to travel with him. I guess that everyone that ever have been driving in any kind of mountain can imaginge how the roads are, narrow and curvy. In that kind of road you dont want to get in trouble but I can tell you that we really did. After driving a while we met cars and buses turning around. It wasn't easy for the buses to do the turn but in Ecuador everything is possible. We kept on driving a bit because we thaught that we might be able to pass by where the other cars were escaping from. We got quite chocked when we saw that the road no longer existed and instead there was a hill of earth. Yes, the mountain had fallen down on the road and the only way back to Quito was an eaven more narrow road made of gravel. Our driving friend was not happey abouy having to drive on thet road and he was also afraid of runing out of gas. Quite a few times we had to stop bacause of traffic coming from the other direcction. It was very critical when buses had to meet buses but the patiency of the people made it possible every time without absolutely any margin. I was so glad beeing in a car and not a bus but was scared me was if the bus in front of us wouldn't have mad it with the consiquence that we would also would have been stuck in the mountains over at least the night.

Luckley we made it until the end of the narrow road and could finaly connect to the mainroad leding to Quito. I still don't know what is goning to happend with te buses and cars going in the direction up to te rainforest. There where quite a few cars with us driving to Quito on thet road and for every car it got more difficult to drive because of the mod. What also buther me is that there was no plan for this and I guess that there still is'nt any. Why do the government let buses and cars drive up a road up to the mountains wham te road is damaged and when there is no return? Do they eaven bather?

Yesterday it rained and hailed so rough that I tought the roof would fall apart but linn'ea and I have also had nice experiences from here. We have been walking and experienced Quito with new eyes and dancing to the rythms of Quito once again. Tomorrow we are leaving the big town heading down to the south of the mounteins where our families are waiting.

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

It's a shame that you and Linnea couldn't go to the rainforest. I guess there's only dirt roads to get there, plus the scary rains, may be usual to found close roads spoiling the trips. In the smallest towns of Bolivia the locales ride motocycles to take your to the forest. Sounds like fun.
Nice to read about you. Besos.

Anonym sa...

Be careful... Shalon saknar shalon!